Childhood is the most joyous period of a person’s life and every child deserves to live it in a zestful manner. Children must be encouraged to learn new things, indulge in fun-filled activities and develop a sense of moral responsibility as well. By applying the correct Vastu for the children room, you can ensure that your child evolves as a successful and dignified individual.
In today’s world, parents are highly concerned about the welfare of their children and make every possible effort to make them a better person in life. One of the most important things that has a direct effect on the nature and behavior of children is their environment. Therefore, it is essential that their room is designed as per the principles of Vastu for children's room in order to bring positivity to their surroundings.
How important is Vastu for a children room?
Have you ever encountered children who are given every luxury in life but are still unhappy with their parents? Or children who are highly disobedient and disrespect their parents in front of everyone? This kind of negative attitude could be a result of the wrong Vastu of the children's room.
Vastu defects have a very powerful impact on the development of children since they are the ones who are most affected by the negativity of their surroundings. An adult person is mature enough to deal with negative situations and even learn to ignore things that are beyond their control. But this is not the case with children. They tend to absorb all the negativity around them and this often turns them into stubborn and badly behaved children.
No parent would ever want their children to become an unruly and obstinate person. This is the very reason that they must design the room of their children in accordance with Vastu Shastra as it would make their children cheerful and hard-working individuals.
What are the guidelines for Vastu for a children room?
Vastu for children room is often done to enhance the creativity of the children and provide them a nurturing environment that will make them feel loved. Here is the list of Vastu guidelines that must be followed while designing the room of the children:
- Location of the children room - The most appropriate direction to construct the children bedroom is the West direction of the house as this will help the children develop the essential traits of punctuality and compliance.
- Entrance of the children room - The entry door of the room brings with it negative energies of the outside world and this may hamper the innocence of children, Therefore, it must never face the bed of children so as to protect them from the evil eyes.
- Position of the bed - The bed must be placed in the South-West area of the room and children must sleep with their head in the South or East direction so that they get a peaceful sleep.
- Material of the bed - The bed of the children room must be made of wood and not any metal as they create negative vibes and make the environment unhealthy for the growth of children.
- Placement of study table - To make a child intelligent and wise, the study table must be placed in such a way that it faces the North, East or North-East direction. Also, it must be kept clean at all times in order to enhance the concentration levels of the children.
- Lighting of the children room - The most apt position for putting the lights is the Southeast direction. It is advisable to use good quality lights for children as too sharp or too dull lights can strain their eyes.
- Placement of cabinets - The cabinets or closets must be constructed in the South-West direction to store the books, toys, clothes and other items that the children regularly use.
- Colors for children room - The colors that must be used for children’s room are the various shades of blue and green. These colors are the most preferred ones as they bring freshness, peace, and positivity to the room of the children.
- Placement of electronic items - Electronic equipment often hampers the mental growth of a child as it subdues their zeal for creativity and newness. But in this world of technological advancement, it is no longer possible to keep children away from these gadgets. Thus, computers, playstations, and laptops must be placed in the North direction and television must be put up in the South-east portion of the room.
- Avoid mirrors - It is said that mirrors attract negativity and create problems in the upbringing of the children. Therefore, you must not place any mirror in the children room.
By following the Vastu tips for children room, you can brighten up the lives of your children and enhance their learning by letting them indulge in recreational activities. You can also consult a professional Vastu expert to know more about the designing and layout of a children room and how it can help in the development of your child.