Venus, otherwise known as Shukra in Vedic astrology, is a benefic planet. However, when placed in conjunction with a malefic planet or when posited unfavourably in a birth chart, it can bring on adverse effects.
Venus is a feminine and gentle planet. It is also the brightest planet in the solar system. It is known for love, romance, sex, beauty, fashion, recreation, luxuries, art & aesthetics, and physical attractiveness. It rules over love and all kinds of relationships, and other emotional attachments. Venus also blesses the native with wealth and riches.
Consult India's best expert astrologers online right here! For details click here!
While a good Venus is a treasure trove for romance, luxury, and sensual pleasures, a malefic Venus contributes unfaithfulness, bankruptcy, and venereal diseases. You can check such propensities by using remedies for planet Venus.
A Look At The Summary of Venus’ Characteristics:
Colour: White, Pink
Day of the Week: Friday
God or Deity: Goddess Lakshmi
Metal: Silver and Copper
Permanent Home: 2nd House
Friendly Planets: Mercury, Saturn and Rahu
Neutral Planets: Mars and Jupiter
Enemy Planets: Sun and Moon
Effects of Positive Venus
When Venus is in the 4th, 5th, 7th, or 11th house, and ascendant of a birth chart, then these placements are considered to bestow good results. The benevolent influence of Venus favours the accumulation of wealth, jewellery, property, happy family life, and success in business and trade. People with strong Venus, especially an ascendant are extremely charismatic.
Effects of Negative Venus
Venus turns afflicted when associated with malefic planets or if it is aspected.
- The native will be addicted to gambling, alcohol, drugs, and other harmful substances.
- In addition, afflicted Venus may cause the natives to suffer from diabetes, addiction related to drugs, smoking and alcohol.
- If Venus is weakly placed in the birth chart, the native may suffer from lack of physical appeal and amiable behaviour.
- An afflicted Venus creates problems in married life with a likelihood of failed marriage.
- A problematic Venus also leads to affairs with multiple partners, extra-marital relationships and divorce.
- A person with a weak Venus may be a spendthrift, which could lead to poverty.
- A negative Venus may also cause skin diseases.
- A badly placed Venus can indicate diseases in body parts such as eyes, nose, chin, throat, sexual organs, kidney, bladder, etc.
Remedies for Venus in Vedic Astrology
Here are some remedies for planet Venus to bring about positive changes in your life.
- Wear clothes which are bright white. Attire in all shades of pink is also favourable.
- Respect your partner or spouse.
- Offer sweets to little girls or widowed women. This is a powerful remedy.
- Maintain good character to achieve favourable results from Venus.
- Attain blessings of Venus by worshipping Goddess Lakshmi. Recite the Sri Sookhtam hymn to remove obstacles and attain blessings to rise in life.
- Fasting is another way to appease the planets. To seek blessings from Venus, you should fast on Fridays.
- Vedic astrology suggests donation as one of the best remedies to get rid of the malefic effects of a planet. Donating on Fridays will get good results from Venus. You may donate kheer (rice pudding), curd, silver, rice and perfume.
- Another significant remedy for planets in Vedic astrology is the chanting of mantras. Improve the good effects of Venus by reciting Venus Beej (Seed) Mantra - “Aum Draam Dreem Droum Sah Shukraya Namah” 108 times daily.
- Wear Shukra yantras to achieve auspicious results for Venus.
- Wear silver ornaments and perfumes.
- Wear gemstones such as diamonds, opal, white topaz, etc to get positive results from Venus.
- Natives with a weak Venus may consider practising physical remedies such as breathing and relaxation routines. Yoga pranayama like anulom vilom, sheetkari, sheetali, and kapalbhati are excellent options. It will control the mind and help to resist the detrimental urges.
*Although the above-mentioned remedies have proved to be useful, the results are likely to differ from person to person depending on their personal birth chart. Hence, it is imperative to take the advice of an astrologer before performing any remedies for Venus.