Holi - the name brings in a lot of things in mind; pleasure of twiddling with colours, wishing each other 'Happy Holi' by smearing colours, gobbling a glass of "Bhang" and grooving mindlessly; are the fervent ways of celebrating this one of a kind festival. "Gulal" (dry colourss) - that's what we fondly call it, make it so special. It won't be wrong if we say that this festival has the power to change our mood and the overall atmosphere.
Holi: The Historical Connection:
The festival itself is an interesting occasion which exhibits diverse legends associated with it. Although there are different tales which make the celebration more reasonable; but its soul embrace is a solitary aim, that is to spread the message of love(by Radha and Krishna), happiness by the demolition of devil and rise of honesty(by Prahlad a devotee of lord Vishnu) and welcoming spring season(by Kamadev story).
Among all of them, apparently, the story of Radha and Krishna is the most famous one. It is believed that the devotee Radha had a very fair colour but Lord Krishna had a dull colour. One day Lord Krishna applied colours on her face to hide her fairness. And it is said that since then the day is celebrated with full enthusiasm and of course, with colours.
Holi & Astrology: How are they connected?
From the Astrological point of view it is believed that if you choose colours linked to your zodiac sign on Holi, it brings good fortune to your life. These signs reflect zodiac energies respective to one's astrological sign and leave a direct effect on elements of a personality like psychology, spirituality and physical energy.
Astrology and horoscope experts believe that if one uses the colours of the sunsign in the right way and on the right time, they will help you in gaining the missing elements of your luck and will in turn boost it for better. Let us now discuss which colours will suit you best based on you sunsign.
- Aries: "Fire" is the core element of this sign, so bright colours like red, green and pink are good to use.
- Taurus: "Earth" being the main factor here, it's good to use different shades of blue, green and rose pink.
- Gemini: It has "Air" as a component. Yellow, pale gray, silver and white are the appropriate colours to be used.
- Cancer: This is a sign that has "Water" as its core element. Thus, pale blue, silver, pearl and glistening white are the best colours that will suit the individuals of this sign.
- Leo: This sign stands for "Fire" and that's why all shades of gold, blood red, copper would bring good luck for the individuals of this sign.
- Virgo: Again, "Earth" being the center element of this sign, brown, navy, yellow, peach etc. are the colours that would work best for them.
- Libra: "Air" is the element here and suggests that violet, cerulean blue and amethyst are the best colours to choose.
- Scorpio: Its strength lies in its element that is "Water". The colours of its luck are dark and deep shades of red and stone gray.
- Sagittarius: "Fire" is the ingredient and so Purple, Indigo, Vermillion and lilac are to be used.
- Capricorn: "Earth" is the key element here. Black, dark brown are the colours for good fate.
- Aquarius: Element is "Air" and all colours of spectrum can be used.
- Pisces: "Water" again being the element - sea green, turquoise and purple are the colours that will suit better.
As per astrology one should use the colours related to their sun-signs to gain the maximum energy from their respective stars to attain excellent destiny.