10 Ways to Feng Shui your Kitchen
The age old adage of health being wealth holds true even in Feng Shui. The kitchen symbolizes health energy and making corrections in this zone of the house is believed to improve one's financial prospects too. This belief is an essential part of the Chinese culture. According to Feng Shui experts at astroyogi.com, a kitchen that emits good chi depicts abundance and wealth. Therefore, it is essential that your kitchen follows good Feng Shui principles in order to allow good energy to flow into your house. And with spring around the corner, it is the perfect time to bring about desired changes by renovating your home.
Your kitchen should be filled with positive energy and you can achieve this by reorganizing stuff around. A few changes here and there can invite positive chi in this nurturing space symbolizing the fire sign of wealth. Cleanliness, smell, colours - everything matters. Here are some basic Feng Shui tips to create that magical aura of good energy in your kitchen:
1. The most important part of Feng Shui is maintaining a good distance from clutter. It applies for your kitchen too. To circulate good energy, ensure that the area is completely free from unnecessary stuff. Make it as spacious as possible.
2. Up next is the lighting and free flow of fresh air. A dark and gloomy kitchen will definitely force you to think again before entering this area where you cook. Make this area bright and vibrant.
3. You can add vibrancy by making use of some lucky colours on the walls of the kitchen. As per Feng Shui, yellow is the best colour for the kitchen. So, you can add different shades of yellow that you adore.
4. Keep it as simple as possible, with minimum usage of gadgets. It should not look like you've entered a junkyard.
5. Stress on freshness like flowers or plants, fresh fruits as well as veggies. Throw away those foul smelling rotten stuff out. Do not forget to empty the garbage bin every day.
6. Make sure you de-clutter your refrigerator, cupboards and drawers. Items that you rarely use should be kept in the cupboard; bring them out only when you need to. It will save a lot of space and you can utilize this space for keeping a flower vase.
7. Safety is an essential part of any kitchen whether it is a stove or sharp objects for the better promotion of yang energy. Stay clear of knives and such sharp tools that can cause injuries. Keep them in the drawer.
8. Burners are extremely crucial in any kitchen. Therefore, pay extra emphasis in keeping your stove clean and it should be placed in such a way that your back is not towards the door. In case the position is such, the feng shui remedy for it would be placing some reflecting element like a convex mirror behind it.
9. Apart from that never use items that are broken or not in working condition. Such items release negative, stressful energy inside the house and even cause an obstruction in the flow of financial gains. Do not forget to fix those drippy water taps to prevent any leakage of money.
10. Last but not the least - your kitchen should not be in the center of your house as that would result in indigestion, financial loss and other health ailments. If it is and you can't do anything about it, then the remedy for this problem would be to hang a wind chime preferably of brass at the center of the ceiling.
Follow the above Feng Shui suggestions and let good chi flow into your kitchen and your home!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Success Will Co...
Delhi’s Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his party AAP have been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons such as blame game, internal rift between the members and most recen...Read More ➜
According to Hindu Panchang, Bhadon or Bhadrapada is the sixth month of the year. This year, Bhadra begins from August 16, 2019 and ends on September 13. This month, which comes af...Read More ➜
Venus Transit t...
Venus was revered as a goddess by many ancient civilizations like the Romans and the Babylonians. The planet is often related to love and romance. In Vedic astrology also Venus is ...Read More ➜
Raksha Bandhan ...
Siblings are your first friends and first rivals, you’ve probably shared so many precious moments with them and even had those fights where you yelled and threw tantrums at each ot...Read More ➜