Is morning meditation a part of your daily routine? Meditating in the morning can help you kick-start your day with clarity and enthusiasm. Whether you are an early bird or a late riser, doesn’t matter. Simply incorporating a daily morning meditation in your daily schedule will make you fully aware, awake and alive before starting your day.
Meditation can be beneficial at any hour of the day but the benefits of a short and quick morning meditation session can give you undeniable benefits. Every morning after you wake up, just 20-30 minutes of meditation will make you spring to life. Morning meditation will release all the grogginess and set a tone for a more positive and successful day. Keeping you focused, optimistic and content. Keeping stress at bay. Relieving you of the tensions of the previous day. And help you get a sound sleep at night.
The Science of Morning Meditation
There’s no denying that meditation is good for your health. Research suggests that morning is the ideal time to meditate. The benefits of meditation are enhanced in the morning when your mind is free and clear before the stresses of the day have taken over. The simple truth is, morning meditation mindfulness can help you achieve a relaxed and calm state in a shorter time.
Steps to do Morning Meditation
- Firstly, wake up on time and get yourself ready by giving yourself enough time to freshen up and change into comfortable clothing. Pajamas will do good!
- Choose a place that will be your sacred spot for meditation where you won’t be disturbed or distracted. You can add relaxing background music, burn a candle or incense or diffuse aromatic oils. If needed use a comfortable cushion or pillow.
- Do a little physical warm-up to shrug off your night inertia and stiffness in the body. You can take a walk in nature or do a few rounds of yoga postures before meditating. This way meditation can relax both your body and mind at the same time.
- After you have seated down, do a few rounds of slow and deep breathing to settle down as a preparation for meditation.
- Then start focusing your mind on an object. It could be your breathing, the flame of a candle or repeating a mantra like “Om”.
- Find a meditation technique for your morning meditation mindfulness and stick to it. If you are a beginner, you can follow guided morning meditation techniques.
- After the meditation, allow yourself a few minutes of rest time before getting up to start your daily routine.
What are the benefits of Morning Meditation
Developing a morning meditation practice can change your life in the most positive way. However, you have to make an effort to establish a habit for it.
- Adding morning meditation to your routine can recharge you with a boost of joy and calm to keep going smiling throughout the day. It will train your minds to stay happy all day.
- You require less or no caffeine with this technique. Morning meditation will provide you with an energy boost without the need to rely on a cup of strong tea or coffee every morning. It helps you to launch into the day ahead with enthusiasm. A much healthier alternative. Don't you think so?
- You eat cleaner and healthy. Wouldn’t you like it? With your consistent morning meditation practice, you build up momentum and crave for healthier and cleaner food choices. The key to this is the fact that it reduces stress, which indirectly links to us craving unhealthy processed foods.
- It brings productivity to work. Research has found that regular meditation practice doubles our ability to multitask. It can help keep your focus on the task at hand, making you highly productive.
- It helps grow social bonds. Only if we practice meditation, then it will allow us to have more room for positive thoughts and emotions such as compassion, excitement, and enthusiasm. If you are looking forward to growing your social circle then adopt this meditation in your daily life and grow into the type of person that people want to be attached to.
- It helps reduce headaches by lowering the pain related to tension headaches. Headaches are primarily caused by stress, and relaxing your mind and body through meditation helps release the physical effects of stress and lessen the intensity. The next time you feel a headache, you know what to do!
- Filters out negative or unnecessary thoughts, another morning meditation for positivity. It can help overcome the negative self-talk and overthinking which builds anxiety and stress. You can restore your mind to a quiet, peaceful and focused state to grow positivity.
Indulge yourself in a daily dose of morning meditation. You won’t be disappointed with it! Take the help of guided morning meditation to reap the best results.