Who Is A Good Astrologer?
Astrology is a great tool for self-discovery-it’s a science that relates a human’s life and events happening around him, to the placement of stars and planets at the time of his birth. These placements also directly effect the person’s character. With the help of learned astrologers, a native can be guided well to make optimum use of circumstances according to his birth chart.
Since astrology is a vast subject and so much subject to correct interpretation, even the most learned astrologer cannot claim to ‘know all’ and be a final authority on the subject. He can simply guide well - while making decisions or understanding a situation or self. It is thus, important to take the guidance of a good astrologer.
So, who can qualify to be a good astrologer?
Not someone who is sitting in a temple (Priest) or someone who will simply ask you to recite some mantras or perform certain rites(preachers) after listening to your query! A learned astrologer (Daivjna-One who reads the mind of God), according to the ancient Vedic scripts, has to have certain qualities and needs to follow certain decorum.
- Needless to say, an astrologer has to have some qualification on the subject of astrology from a recognised University. Being a descendent from a renowned Astrologers family is an added bonus.
- Vedic astrology believes that to be a good astrologer, there are certain ideal Planetary positioning in the Birth Chart of the person is important. Since there are certain skillsets required for becoming an astrologer and those are induced by the cosmic bodies.
- A good astrologer, himself, needs to follow certain daily rituals (As emphasised in Vedic astrology texts). He should maintain a certain level of discipline in his life and ideally start of his day after his prayers and poojas in the morning, then he should look into the ‘Panchang’(Almanac) and note the ‘Lunar Day’(Tithi), ‘Day of the Week’(Vaara), Constellation(Nakshatra), Combination of Sun and Moon(Yoga) and Half part of a Tithi(Karana), before starting anything else. This would be the base for his astrological analysis.
- A good astrologer should have experience and good skill in dealing with clients. He needs to be intuitive, have a good memory and be logical. The art of reading horoscopes is a ‘God-given’ blessing and needs to be respected. The astrologer should not be greedy for making money and please his clients by telling them things they ‘want’ to hear. Vedic astrology firmly believes that if an astrologer lies, just for the sake of making money, he will lose his ability to foresee the future.
- A good astrologer should be intelligent and be able to communicate well. He should be able to make calculations of planetary positions on his own while making horoscopes. The knowledge of latitudes, longitudes, altitudes, direction, space and time should be on his finger tips. With todays changing times, he should be digital savvy to reach out easily to his clients.
- A good astrologer should be able to come down to the level of a clients’ understanding and not leave him feeling even more confused about his future. He should be able to decompose the horoscope into basic logical constructs to make it easy for explaining to the client. Simple remedies with alternatives, should be suggested, so that the client doesn't feel overwhelmed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Are you the Ard...
Different aspects of your personality come into play when it comes to your compatible with your partner. While a lot depends on how you both behave in your relationship, there are ...Read More ➜
Handle your Rel...
Relationships cannot always be smooth-sailing. There are bound to be ups and downs. One cannot always be prepared for everything, but getting to know your personality traits, espec...Read More ➜
Dahi Handi 2019...
Also lovingly called the Govinda Festival or Gopalakala, Dahi Handi is a grand Hindu festival that is celebrated with great enthusiasm and fervor, especially by the young men in Ma...Read More ➜
According to Hindu Panchang, Bhadon or Bhadrapada is the sixth month of the year. This year, Bhadra begins from August 16, 2019 and ends on September 13. This month, which comes af...Read More ➜