Who Is A Good Astrologer?
Astrology is a great tool for self-discovery-it’s a science that relates a human’s life and events happening around him, to the placement of stars and planets at the time of his birth. These placements also directly effect the person’s character. With the help of learned astrologers, a native can be guided well to make optimum use of circumstances according to his birth chart.
Since astrology is a vast subject and so much subject to correct interpretation, even the most learned astrologer cannot claim to ‘know all’ and be a final authority on the subject. He can simply guide well - while making decisions or understanding a situation or self. It is thus, important to take the guidance of a good astrologer.
So, who can qualify to be a good astrologer?
Not someone who is sitting in a temple (Priest) or someone who will simply ask you to recite some mantras or perform certain rites(preachers) after listening to your query! A learned astrologer (Daivjna-One who reads the mind of God), according to the ancient Vedic scripts, has to have certain qualities and needs to follow certain decorum.
- Needless to say, an astrologer has to have some qualification on the subject of astrology from a recognised University. Being a descendent from a renowned Astrologers family is an added bonus.
- Vedic astrology believes that to be a good astrologer, there are certain ideal Planetary positioning in the Birth Chart of the person is important. Since there are certain skillsets required for becoming an astrologer and those are induced by the cosmic bodies.
- A good astrologer, himself, needs to follow certain daily rituals (As emphasised in Vedic astrology texts). He should maintain a certain level of discipline in his life and ideally start of his day after his prayers and poojas in the morning, then he should look into the ‘Panchang’(Almanac) and note the ‘Lunar Day’(Tithi), ‘Day of the Week’(Vaara), Constellation(Nakshatra), Combination of Sun and Moon(Yoga) and Half part of a Tithi(Karana), before starting anything else. This would be the base for his astrological analysis.
- A good astrologer should have experience and good skill in dealing with clients. He needs to be intuitive, have a good memory and be logical. The art of reading horoscopes is a ‘God-given’ blessing and needs to be respected. The astrologer should not be greedy for making money and please his clients by telling them things they ‘want’ to hear. Vedic astrology firmly believes that if an astrologer lies, just for the sake of making money, he will lose his ability to foresee the future.
- A good astrologer should be intelligent and be able to communicate well. He should be able to make calculations of planetary positions on his own while making horoscopes. The knowledge of latitudes, longitudes, altitudes, direction, space and time should be on his finger tips. With todays changing times, he should be digital savvy to reach out easily to his clients.
- A good astrologer should be able to come down to the level of a clients’ understanding and not leave him feeling even more confused about his future. He should be able to decompose the horoscope into basic logical constructs to make it easy for explaining to the client. Simple remedies with alternatives, should be suggested, so that the client doesn't feel overwhelmed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
How strong is y...
Friends help us de-stress; they make us smile and laugh, they pull us up when we are down, they help us make the right decisions, especially when we are facing challenges. Be ...Read More ➜
Your date of birth might state that you’re a Gemini but you’ve never felt hugely connected to the sign of the twins. Instead, you find yourself very much the homebody. You’re emoti...Read More ➜
On 5th December'2019 Mercury the lord of business, communication, intelligence and travel will enter in Scorpio sign and it will stay there till 25th December'2019. Mercury is a co...Read More ➜
Rahu Mantras An...
In Vedic astrology, Rahu and Ketu are two imaginary astronomical points in the sky, which have a distinct, profound and predictable impact on human lives. They are considered to be...Read More ➜