Vaastu and Auspicious Colours
Get colour guidance for your personal and office space and enhance your luck by following the age old principles of Vaastu Shastra. Which colours are considered auspicious and which are not? Find out more about Vaastu and colour practices here!
- As far as colours are concerned, Vaastu considers the colour black to be inauspicious and colours like pink, red, white, green and yellow are considered auspicious. Depending upon the direction the rooms are located in, the colour recommendations may vary. But, overall, these shades are considered auspicious for most homes.
- The best colour for your porch is White, Yellow or any other light colour. However, avoid colouring the porch in any dark shades.
- Colours, according to Vaastu, have healing powers. Shades and hues of red can be used when a person is suffering from blood ailments, anaemia, bodily weakness, colds, circulatory deficiencies, paralysis, baldness etc. Red also stimulates brain wave activity, increases heart rate, respiration and blood pressure, and can also assist in burning fat and reducing weight.
- Pink, which can be considered as a hue of red, is an appetite suppressant, relaxes muscles, relieves tension and soothes and calms frayed tempers!
- If your bedroom is located in the northwest direction, paint it in the colour white and if it’s located in other directions, go for hues of light green or yellow or any pastel shades.
- Pink is also considered to be an auspicious colour for the master bedroom but some may not want the room painted pink, and these cases the pastel shades work.
- No other colour works as well as white for the ceiling. It attracts positive energy and is considered ideal.
- Extremely bright colors should not be used in the house. Cool and light colors should be used while painting the walls of your home. Paintings or photographs depicting war, sad faces, birds like owl, crow, erotic pictures etc. should not be used for decoration in the house. These have a negative effect on the mental health of the inhabitants.
- The kitchen is an integral part of your home and you need to pay attention to this to keep your home happy and peaceful. Paint it a vibrant, sunny shade of yellow with themes of white. Open spaces will add extra luck.
- The walls of the study room should be light orange in color as it is very auspicious and enhances the wishing power as well as supports the speedy progress of mind. The learner should use a pyramid cape as it proves to be extremely beneficial. Not only that, it embellishes the memory power and absorption.
- Another colour that works well for the study room is green. It dispels negative energy and creates an ambience suitable for learning.
- Paint the walls of your office in light pastel colours. Dark colours usually make us short tempered. Do not put any painting or any sculptures depicting carnivorous animals, weeping children, setting sun, drowning ship, still water or any sad event on the walls of your office. These are considered inauspicious as per Vaastu beliefs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Know How to Per...
Karva Chauth is that festival where Indian wives fast for an entire day praying for the health, long life and success of their husbands. The Chandogya Upanishad says that when Brah...Read More ➜
Karwa Chauth 20...
Women celebrate the festival of Karwa Chauth on the 4th day during the fortnight of Ashwin, to pray and wish for the well-being, prosperity and longevity of their husband. ‘Karwa’ ...Read More ➜
Karwa Chauth - ...
This year Karwa Chauth (Karva Chauth) will be celebrated on October 17th, 2019 and couples in India are busy making preparations to make this day a memorable one. With many powerfu...Read More ➜
Is your marriag...
There could be a number of reasons why you have not got married yet. Maybe you haven’t found a suitable partner for yourself, or maybe you do not feel ready for marriage. But for ...Read More ➜