Your washroom can be a great place to meditate!
We are actually living in a world where we have time for almost everything under the sun, but no time to reflect, to introspect or to meditate. Well, it may sound a little bizarre but renowned Vaastu, Feng-Shui and Nameology consultant- Dr. Rupa Batra discusses it is true that a few minor changes in your washroom can help you reflect and actually communicate better with yourself. Accept it or not, this is actually the place where we think and talk the most to ourselves as compared to any other place in the house. However, did you know communicating with others leads to conflict but communicating with yourself leads to introspection, solution and peace.
For instance, once in a while, we prefer eating out as it is not practical to eat outside every day. Just like we cannot depend on a life eating out every day, how can we just depend on a few meditation session or classes outside? Should it not become a practice to meditate or rather should meditation or self-talk not become the way of life?
People normally relate meditation to thinking about God, now here my question is: Can we talk to God only at a particular time or at a particular place or while sitting in a particular posture?
What is does meditation mean? The word ‘meditation’ has been derived from the word 'mediri' which means healing. It is not visualization but is actually a realization that whatever we are doing or about to do is worth it, will it impact anyone negatively or not or it is actually futile.
How can we make my washroom a place where we can think, plan and introspect?
1. Get a wonderful motivational message and hang it up on the wall of the washroom.
2. Few fresh flowers kept during the most stressful days, like month end or when work pressure is high, somewhere in the corner of the washroom can help ease tension and disturbance in your thoughts.
3. The place should have adequate air fresheners.
4. Scented candles can be of great help too.
5. Place a mini calendar, probably a desk calendar so that you can plan your week or days well in advance.
6. Instrumental music can be a great idea to help divert your mind from negative to positive thoughts.
7. Keep changing the motivational message every month else your mind will get used to watching the same message and eventually will start ignoring it.
8. The place should be airy with proper ventilation and adequate sunlight. This will not only keep the washroom fresh but will also keep it germ-free.
9. A dark, gloomy or suffocating washroom can be a reason for negative and wasted thoughts.
With the simple remedies mentioned above, hope you will be able to tap the immense potential that this particular place of your households.
Correcting Vaastu defects and malefic effects of the planets can help you restore the peace and harmony both at home and your workplace. Speak to renowned Vaastu, Feng-Shui and Nameology consultant- Dr. Rupa Batra now and get her expert advice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Vishwakarma Pooja is celebrated on 17th September, every year. This Hindu Festival is popularly celebrated among engineers, architects, artisans, carpenters, mechanics, factory wor...Read More ➜
How To Perform ...
Pitru Paksha puja is a ceremony performed by Hindu families for their ancestors. It is believed that during the period of Pitru Paksha or Shraadh, which falls on 13th September and...Read More ➜
Pitru Paksha Do...
Pitru Paksha is a period of 16 days that is dedicated to the ancestors. Donations are made during this time to pay homage to one's forefathers and gratify their souls. Shradh ritu...Read More ➜
Sonam Kapoor ju...
“I believe in luck, but I also believe a lot in destiny, that’s the same thing as luck. Mujhe lagta hai ki kismat ka zindagi mein bahut bada haath hota hai, par hard work toh karna...Read More ➜