We are actually living in a world where we have time for almost everything under the sun, but no time to reflect, to introspect or to meditate. Well, it may sound a little bizarre but renowned Vaastu, Feng-Shui and Nameology consultant- Dr. Rupa Batra discusses it is true that a few minor changes in your washroom can help you reflect and actually communicate better with yourself. Accept it or not, this is actually the place where we think and talk the most to ourselves as compared to any other place in the house. However, did you know communicating with others leads to conflict but communicating with yourself leads to introspection, solution and peace.
For instance, once in a while, we prefer eating out as it is not practical to eat outside every day. Just like we cannot depend on a life eating out every day, how can we just depend on a few meditation session or classes outside? Should it not become a practice to meditate or rather should meditation or self-talk not become the way of life?
People normally relate meditation to thinking about God, now here my question is: Can we talk to God only at a particular time or at a particular place or while sitting in a particular posture?
What is does meditation mean? The word ‘meditation’ has been derived from the word 'mediri' which means healing. It is not visualization but is actually a realization that whatever we are doing or about to do is worth it, will it impact anyone negatively or not or it is actually futile.
How can we make my washroom a place where we can think, plan and introspect?
1. Get a wonderful motivational message and hang it up on the wall of the washroom.
2. Few fresh flowers kept during the most stressful days, like month end or when work pressure is high, somewhere in the corner of the washroom can help ease tension and disturbance in your thoughts.
3. The place should have adequate air fresheners.
4. Scented candles can be of great help too.
5. Place a mini calendar, probably a desk calendar so that you can plan your week or days well in advance.
6. Instrumental music can be a great idea to help divert your mind from negative to positive thoughts.
7. Keep changing the motivational message every month else your mind will get used to watching the same message and eventually will start ignoring it.
8. The place should be airy with proper ventilation and adequate sunlight. This will not only keep the washroom fresh but will also keep it germ-free.
9. A dark, gloomy or suffocating washroom can be a reason for negative and wasted thoughts.
With the simple remedies mentioned above, hope you will be able to tap the immense potential that this particular place of your households.
Correcting Vaastu defects and malefic effects of the planets can help you restore the peace and harmony both at home and your workplace. Speak to renowned Vaastu, Feng-Shui and Nameology consultant- Dr. Rupa Batra now and get her expert advice.
How life changes so fast? One day it feels so right, and the next everything turns upside down. A truly terrifying moment when a crisis hit us. But if you see it from a different p...Read More ➜
As per Hindu mythology, Kanya Puja has great importance. Although Hinduism says that God resides in every child but young girls are specially believed to be a form of Goddess Durga...Read More ➜
On the ninth day of Navratri, Goddess Siddhidatri is worshiped. Siddhi means meditative ability and Dhatri means giver. She is seated on a lotus and has four arms which hold a lotu...Read More ➜
On the day of Ram Navami, members of the Hindu community celebrate the birthday of Lord Rama. Lord Rama is given special significance in Vaishnavism tradition of Hinduism, as he is...Read More ➜