Worshipping Nine Forms of Goddess Durga
Maa Durga is believed to be the Goddess of Shakti (Power). Devotees who seek ultimate salvation worship 9 forms of Goddess Durga for 9 consecutive days. This period of nine days is referred as Navratri. This year, Shardiya Navratri begins from 1st October and ends on 10th October. For Hindus, Navratri is a period of fun and reverence celebrated across North Indian states and also in Gujarat, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Orissa.
The first of nine forms of Goddess Durga is known as Shailputri who is believed to be the daughter of Himalayas. Maa Shailputri is worshipped on the first day of Navratri. On the second day, Goddess Brahmacharini is worshipped. Goddess Durga’s third form is of Chandraghanta. Third day of Navratri holds significant importance. Navratri’s fourth day is dedicated to Maa Kushmanda, the fourth form of Goddess Durga. Goddess Skandmata is worshipped on the fifth day. On the sixth day, Goddess Katyayani is worshipped and on the seventh, Kalratri. It is believed that on the seventh day, worshipping Goddess Kalratri opens the gates of all accomplishments in the universe. On the eighth day, devotees worship Goddess Maha Gauri and on the ninth day, people seek the blessings of Goddess Siddhidatri.
Let's take a look at the Navratri dates
- October 1, 2015 - Goddess Shailputri is worshipped and it is the day of Kalash or Ghatasthapana.
- October 2, 2015 - On this day, it is Chandra Darshan i.e. the first day of moon sighting after a no moon day.
- October 3, 2015 - It is the second day of Navratri, the day of Goddess Brahmacharini.
- October 4, 2015 - Third day of Navratri, Goddess Chandraghanta is worshipped.
- October 5, 2015 - Fourth day of Navratri, Goddess Kushmanda is worshipped.
- October 6, 2015 – Fifth day of Navratri, Goddess Skandmata is worshipped.
- October 7, 2015 - Sixth day of Navratri, Goddess Katyayani is worshipped.
- October 8, 2015 - Seventh day of Navratri, Goddess Kalratri is worshipped.
- October 9, 2015 - Eighth day of Navratri, Goddess Maha Gauri is worshipped. Some people even perform Kanya Pujan on this day.
- October 10, 2015 - On the ninth day of Navratri, Goddess Siddhidatri is worshipped. With worshipping Goddess Siddhidatri, Navratri’s Navdurga ritual will reach its absolute completion.
Kalash Sthapana, Auspicious time for Navratri 2016
Ghatasthapana Muhurta - 06:17 to 07:29 (1 hour 11 mins duration)
Ghatasthapana Muhurta falls on Pratipada Tithi
Pratipada Tithi begins - 05:41 on 1st Oct. 2016
Pratipada Tithi ends - 07:45 on 2nd Oct. 2016
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Success Will Co...
Delhi’s Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his party AAP have been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons such as blame game, internal rift between the members and most recen...Read More ➜
According to Hindu Panchang, Bhadon or Bhadrapada is the sixth month of the year. This year, Bhadra begins from August 16, 2019 and ends on September 13. This month, which comes af...Read More ➜
Venus Transit t...
Venus was revered as a goddess by many ancient civilizations like the Romans and the Babylonians. The planet is often related to love and romance. In Vedic astrology also Venus is ...Read More ➜
Raksha Bandhan ...
Siblings are your first friends and first rivals, you’ve probably shared so many precious moments with them and even had those fights where you yelled and threw tantrums at each ot...Read More ➜