Maa Durga is believed to be the Goddess of Shakti (Power). Devotees who seek ultimate salvation worship 9 forms of Goddess Durga for 9 consecutive days. This period of nine days is referred as Navratri. This year, Shardiya Navratri begins from 1st October and ends on 10th October. For Hindus, Navratri is a period of fun and reverence celebrated across North Indian states and also in Gujarat, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Orissa.
The first of nine forms of Goddess Durga is known as Shailputri who is believed to be the daughter of Himalayas. Maa Shailputri is worshipped on the first day of Navratri. On the second day, Goddess Brahmacharini is worshipped. Goddess Durga’s third form is of Chandraghanta. Third day of Navratri holds significant importance. Navratri’s fourth day is dedicated to Maa Kushmanda, the fourth form of Goddess Durga. Goddess Skandmata is worshipped on the fifth day. On the sixth day, Goddess Katyayani is worshipped and on the seventh, Kalratri. It is believed that on the seventh day, worshipping Goddess Kalratri opens the gates of all accomplishments in the universe. On the eighth day, devotees worship Goddess Maha Gauri and on the ninth day, people seek the blessings of Goddess Siddhidatri.
Let's take a look at the Navratri dates
- October 1, 2015 - Goddess Shailputri is worshipped and it is the day of Kalash or Ghatasthapana.
- October 2, 2015 - On this day, it is Chandra Darshan i.e. the first day of moon sighting after a no moon day.
- October 3, 2015 - It is the second day of Navratri, the day of Goddess Brahmacharini.
- October 4, 2015 - Third day of Navratri, Goddess Chandraghanta is worshipped.
- October 5, 2015 - Fourth day of Navratri, Goddess Kushmanda is worshipped.
- October 6, 2015 – Fifth day of Navratri, Goddess Skandmata is worshipped.
- October 7, 2015 - Sixth day of Navratri, Goddess Katyayani is worshipped.
- October 8, 2015 - Seventh day of Navratri, Goddess Kalratri is worshipped.
- October 9, 2015 - Eighth day of Navratri, Goddess Maha Gauri is worshipped. Some people even perform Kanya Pujan on this day.
- October 10, 2015 - On the ninth day of Navratri, Goddess Siddhidatri is worshipped. With worshipping Goddess Siddhidatri, Navratri’s Navdurga ritual will reach its absolute completion.
Ghatasthapana Muhurta - 06:17 to 07:29 (1 hour 11 mins duration)
Ghatasthapana Muhurta falls on Pratipada Tithi
Pratipada Tithi begins - 05:41 on 1st Oct. 2016
Pratipada Tithi ends - 07:45 on 2nd Oct. 2016
Have you ever tried consulting an astrologer to know about your future? Would you like to know about your astrology prediction 2020? Are the stars aligned in your favour? We are he...Read More ➜
Well, if you have decided to read this article, then it can be presumed that either you are already married or about to get married. There can also be another presumption that mari...Read More ➜
In Vedic Astrology, the planet Mercury imparts abilities of speech, wisdom, business and communication skills. Individuals who are favoured by the planet Mercury are by and large q...Read More ➜
Eid ul-Fitr, which marks the end of the fasting month of Ramadan will be celebrated world over on the 5th of June this year. This is more than just a celebration for the Muslims, i...Read More ➜