You Can Create Good Karma Too
Karma is an age old universal law of getting what you deserve based on your actions. Like the famous saying, “you reap what you sow”, there is no escaping Karma. Every action that you take has a consequence but what is Karma actually? It is believed to be an invisible and divine power that balances this universe. In Buddhism the law of karma is better explained as, “It is the result of our own actions in the past and what we are doing in the present”. However, everyone is linked because of our karma as we walk down our own path in life. Our actions in everyday life decide our fate or karma.
Anyone can create good karma if these simple rules are followed. Practicing these steps will help you bring good karma to yourself and everyone around you.
- Speak the language of kindness and compassion - This is one of the easiest ways to create good karma. You must first practice what you hope to receive and so you should first be the change you want to see around you. Practice kindness and compassion in everything that you do and you will spread happiness which in turn will be returned to you.
- Learn to love and forgive - Always begin your day by trying to focus on the love and goodness that you have in life. Shift your thoughts to the positive aspects and once you are able to change your thinking, your thoughts and action towards others will change as well. It is paramount that you do not hold grudges and learn to go. While it may be difficult to forgive someone who has hurt you but practicing forgiveness is what will help you release the ill feelings that harbor in your heart. This way you can create good karma as you clear away any negative energy.
- Accept your wrong doings - Learn to accept that something you do may be wrong. The responsibility of any action always lies with the ‘doer’ of the action. Whatever happens to you good or bad is just the result of the action undertaken by you, the fruit of your own action and thoughts. Acceptance is the key to seeking for forgiveness for all the wrong you have committed in the past and learning from your mistakes.
- Stop being selfish - The greatest tragedy in the present world is that everyone is selfish. We always think of our own comfort before anyone else’s, not paying attention to the needs of others around us. In order to create good karma, we need to change this. Simply learn to practice the art of giving. It may seem difficult at first to give up your own comfort in order to make others comfortable. But such acts when practiced spontaneously help us create good karma.
- Meditate and reflect - Mediation helps you in so many ways. It helps you to be in tune with your inner self. As you focus on your inner self, your mind clears itself of any negative thoughts. When you will be in a calm state of mind, you will make better choices for yourself and those around you.
Life is not only about what you do for yourself, do good for others and good things will happen to you. Remember that what you will do for others remains ineradicable. Good karma will not come to you in a day; you need to remain consistent until practicing positive things in life, become a part of your life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
How To Perform ...
Pitru Paksha puja is a ceremony performed by Hindu families for their ancestors. It is believed that during the period of Pitru Paksha or Shraadh, which falls on 13th September and...Read More ➜
Pitru Paksha Do...
Pitru Paksha is a period of 16 days that is dedicated to the ancestors. Donations are made during this time to pay homage to one's forefathers and gratify their souls. Shradh ritu...Read More ➜
Sonam Kapoor ju...
“I believe in luck, but I also believe a lot in destiny, that’s the same thing as luck. Mujhe lagta hai ki kismat ka zindagi mein bahut bada haath hota hai, par hard work toh karna...Read More ➜
Anant Chaturdashi is the tenth day of Ganesh Utsav which falls on the 14th day of Shukla Paksha of the month of Bhadra. This year, it is on September 13. On Anant Chaturdashi, peop...Read More ➜