Do Not Forget to Perform This Puja before Durga Visarjan
After the days of festivities and fun (Navratri) come to an end, Durga Visarjan is performed. It is celebrated on the last day of Navratri and the devotees bid farewell to Maa Durga. It is usually done on Vijayadashmi but in some regions, it is celebrated on Navami also. This time, Durga Visarjan will be held on October 19. But before Durga Visarjan, puja needs to be performed for the ‘Ghat’ and the things that you had offered during the nine days of Navratri. The steps for that are as follows:
1. After performing Kanya Puja, take flower and rice in your hand and thank the deities for receiving your puja.
2. Take the coconut placed on the kalash or ghat as prasad, eat some of it and distribute between your family members.
3. Then remove the lid of the kalash and sprinkle some sacred water in your house. Drink it and give it your family members. You can also take a bath with this water.
4. Remove the coins from the kalash and keep them in your money box as they bring prosperity.
5. Take out betel nut from the ghat and have it as prasad.
6. Pick up the throne or the sinhasan of the Goddess from chowki and keep it back it its place in the puja room.
7. Pick up the ornaments, sari and other make up items that you offered to the Goddess. Give it to the women in your family.
8. Keep Lord Ganesha’s idol back in its place in your puja room.
9. Take sweets and fruits that you had offered as prasad and eat it along with your family.
10. Collect the rice that you had placed on the chowki and mix it with the rice placed on the kalash’s lid. Feed it to birds.
11. Keep the picture of Goddess Durga back in its place in your puja room.
12. Offer some barley sprouts to the Goddess and keep the rest of the sprouts under a Peepal tree or immerse them in a water body.
13. Donate one coconut, some money (dakshina) and the cloth of chowki to a Brahmin or a temple priest.
Date of Durga Visarjan- October 8th 2019
Durga Visarjan time-06:21 am to 08:40 am on October 8th 2019(Duration - 02 Hours 19 Mins)
Dashami Tithi begins -From 12:38 pm on October 7th 2019
Dashami Tithi ends-At 14:50 pm on October 8th 2019
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Handle your Rel...
Relationships cannot always be smooth-sailing. There are bound to be ups and downs. One cannot always be prepared for everything, but getting to know your personality traits, espec...Read More ➜
Dahi Handi 2019...
Also lovingly called the Govinda Festival or Gopalakala, Dahi Handi is a grand Hindu festival that is celebrated with great enthusiasm and fervor, especially by the young men in Ma...Read More ➜
According to Hindu Panchang, Bhadon or Bhadrapada is the sixth month of the year. This year, Bhadra begins from August 16, 2019 and ends on September 13. This month, which comes af...Read More ➜
Venus Transit t...
Venus was revered as a goddess by many ancient civilizations like the Romans and the Babylonians. The planet is often related to love and romance. In Vedic astrology also Venus is ...Read More ➜