Do Not Forget to Perform This Puja before Durga Visarjan
After the days of festivities and fun (Navratri) come to an end, Durga Visarjan is performed. It is celebrated on the last day of Navratri and the devotees bid farewell to Maa Durga. It is usually done on Vijayadashmi but in some regions, it is celebrated on Navami also. This time, Durga Visarjan will be held on October 19. But before Durga Visarjan, puja needs to be performed for the ‘Ghat’ and the things that you had offered during the nine days of Navratri. The steps for that are as follows:
1. After performing Kanya Puja, take flower and rice in your hand and thank the deities for receiving your puja.
2. Take the coconut placed on the kalash or ghat as prasad, eat some of it and distribute between your family members.
3. Then remove the lid of the kalash and sprinkle some sacred water in your house. Drink it and give it your family members. You can also take a bath with this water.
4. Remove the coins from the kalash and keep them in your money box as they bring prosperity.
5. Take out betel nut from the ghat and have it as prasad.
6. Pick up the throne or the sinhasan of the Goddess from chowki and keep it back it its place in the puja room.
7. Pick up the ornaments, sari and other make up items that you offered to the Goddess. Give it to the women in your family.
8. Keep Lord Ganesha’s idol back in its place in your puja room.
9. Take sweets and fruits that you had offered as prasad and eat it along with your family.
10. Collect the rice that you had placed on the chowki and mix it with the rice placed on the kalash’s lid. Feed it to birds.
11. Keep the picture of Goddess Durga back in its place in your puja room.
12. Offer some barley sprouts to the Goddess and keep the rest of the sprouts under a Peepal tree or immerse them in a water body.
13. Donate one coconut, some money (dakshina) and the cloth of chowki to a Brahmin or a temple priest.
Date of Durga Visarjan- October 8th 2019
Durga Visarjan time-06:21 am to 08:40 am on October 8th 2019(Duration - 02 Hours 19 Mins)
Dashami Tithi begins -From 12:38 pm on October 7th 2019
Dashami Tithi ends-At 14:50 pm on October 8th 2019
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Ahoi Ashtami 20...
Ahoi Ashtami is a festival that is celebrated more popularly in North India. It falls approximately 8 days before Diwali and 4 days after ‘Karwachauth’. This year, 2019, it falls o...Read More ➜
Confused and an...
No marriage or couple is perfect. It takes work and effort from both partners to make a relationship last. It can’t always be smooth sailing, but for those of you who want to work ...Read More ➜
Tarot with Psyc...
Psychic Readings are something that is not only popular but sought after across the globe. People believe psychic readers more than anything else for major predictions around the g...Read More ➜
Sun Transit in ...
The sun would transit to Libra on October 18, 2019 at 01:20 AM. Libra happens to be the sign of debilitation (Neecha) for the sun and it is going to deliver varying results in diff...Read More ➜