Marriage has been defined as one of the “Samskar” among the sixteen samskars (obligations) to be accomplished by all human beings. The custom of marriage yields plurality as well as completeness to males as well as females.
Concerned about your marriage/relationship? Aacharya Aaditya can provide expert guidance online based on your horoscope/Kundli analysis. Consult Aacharya Aaditya on Astroyogi now!
One of the most common problem faced in marriage is actually “not being able to find the right match” and getting delayed for marriage. A horoscope can very well narrate this problem by way of afflictions caused by planets. Likewise by performing specific remedies this problem can be solved.
Seventh house of the horoscope signifies marriage and marriage related matters. Any affliction to this house or the owner of this house can cause delayed or late marriage. Some of the well known reasons for delayed marriage are as follows:
- Saturn has some relationship with the seventh house(saturn is known to delay things)
- Saturn aspects or conjunct (occupying same house) with the owner of seventh house
- The owner of seventh house is weak ( retrograde, combusted or debilitated)
- Venus (siginificator of spouse) is weak in the horoscope
- Weak Jupiter (retrograde, combusted or debilitated)
- Malefic planets like Saturn, Mars and Rahu aspect the seventh house.
- Seventh house is unaspected and unoccupied by any planet
- Saturn and Mars have a combined influence on the seventh house.
- Ill/weak placement of planets in Navmansha/D9
Inherently weak Venus alone can cause delay in marriage. Venus is the key siginificator of marriage as well as life partner in the horoscope. Well placed and well aspected Venus can improve the conditions for delayed marriage in a horoscope. Venus’ role is important for post marriage happiness too. Venus governs the materialistic comforts in life and marital happiness is one of the greatest materialistic happiness that an individual can enjoy.
Jupiter plays an important role in timing of marriage. Delay in marriage is actually a kind of mistiming in marriage. Potency of Jupiter to deliver good results is very important for occurrence of marriage at the right time.
Saturn is a planet that causes isolation. Its role in delaying events is very well known and itself being the seventh house lord or any association with the seventh house is known to delay marriage. It is worth noting that the combined influence of Mars and Saturn on the seventh house/seventh house lord is known to create serious problems in married life. Remember that getting married is one thing and deriving happiness out of that marriage is another thing. This fact holds true in any horoscope irrespective of a male or female. It is always advisable to consult a qualified Astrologer before proceeding ahead for marriage in such a case.
The Navmansha chart or the D9 chart is a chart related to marriage. Planets occupying healthy position in the Lagna chart and weak position in the Navmansha chart happen to be a disturbing situation. On the contrary, planets occupying weak position in the Lagna chart but an improved position in the Navmansha chart are a condusive situation for marriage.
The transit of the planets in different houses also plays a very important role in deciding the timing of marriage. Venus in own house ( Taurus and Libra)/exaltation having an association with the seventh house/seventh house lord, Jupiter in own house/exaltation aspecting the seventh house/seventh house lord, exalted seventh house lord etc are known to promote the event of marriage. For instance, currently Jupiter is experiencing exaltation ( in Cancer) so it would be good time for natives born in Cancer Ascendant, Taurus Ascendant and Virgo Ascendant for getting married as Jupiter is casting a direct aspect on the seventh house.
The operating Mahadasha also plays a very important factor in deciding the occurrence of marriage. Any role of Jupiter in the dasha pattern ( as the maha dasha lord, antar dasha lord or prtayantar dasha lord) is known to promote marriage. The role of the seventh house lord is also known to promote marriage. Rahu has also been considered one of the significator for marriage so its intervention also promotes marriage. Last but not the least Venus being the chief siginificator of marriage is also known to promote marriage.
The following are some well known remedies that help in early marriage or timely marriage
- Worship Goddess Lakshmi and recite “Shri Suktam” regularly.
- Consistently seek blessings from elders
- Respect and take utmost care of your mother
- Offer respect as well as gifts to your sister-in-law (elder brother’s wife)
- Recite ‘Argala Stotra” in the Durga Saptashati
- Offer bangles and items of cosmetics in a Lakshmi Narayan temple
- Wearing a gemstone of the planet causing affliction may also help