What are the Astrological Aspects this Makar Sankranti on 15 January 2020?
Makar Sankranti signifies the transit of Sun in Capricorn/Makar rashi and falls on 15 January at 02:22 am this year. Punya Kaal would be observed from 07:19 AM to 12:31 PM of 15 January, 2020.
Capricorn sign is owned by Saturn and the arch enemity between Sun and Saturn is very well known. It is believed that on this day, Saturn gave up a prominent part of its enemity towards Sun (Sun being the Father) and respected the movement of his Father in his zodiac sign. In total, the Sun transits to twelve zodiacs in a year and spends one month in each zodiac sign, but this transit/Sankranti is treated as the most auspicious.
Astronomically speaking, Sun turns Uttarayana (Northerly movement) during this Sankranti and follows a positive course i.e. from south to north of the equator. According to Hindu tradition, the six months of Uttarayana (January to June) represent a single day of the Gods. Therefore, all kinds of worship, charity and donations are believed to be more rewarding in nature during this period.
The current Prayagraj Kumbh Mela will also initiate on this day. For those interested in praying and appeasing the Gods, as well as pacifying the nine planets, some of the following activities may be of interest.
- Taking a dip in the holy waters like Ganga, Yamuna, Kaveri, Narmada, Godavari is considered very auspicious as it is believed to deliver purification of mind and body.
- Seeking blessings from one’s parents by touching their feet is ever rewarding. One should also offer gifts to the parents. Sun represents Father in astrology so every effort to appease one’ Father would definitely strengthen the influence of Sun in the birth horoscope.
- Offering argha/jal to Surya and reciting Aditya Hridaya Stotra and/or Surayashtak is believed to pacify afflictions related to Sun in the birth horoscope. It also delivers good health and wards of enemies.
- Donating raw wheat, white sesame (safed til), rice and jaggery is considered very auspicious. Combination of wheat and white sesame pacifies Sun and Saturn together. This activity is very rewarding for individuals who are experiencing wrath from Shanidev.
- Donating Satnaja (Sabut Kala Urad dal, Sabut Hara Urad dal, Wheat, Kala Chana, Jau, Rice and Bajra) is very beneficial for those who are afflicted by multiple planets at the same point of time. This is also considered very helpful to get rid of problems in professional life.
- Reciting Dashrath krit Shani Stotra, Shani Chalisa, Maha Mrityunjaya mantra is also considered very rewarding.
- Likewise reciting Shri Vishnu Sahastranaam, Shri Vishnu Stotra, Shri Narayan Kavach is also considered very rewarding. Beyond other benefits, Shri Vishnu Sahastranaam is also known to ward off afflictions caused due to Mercury.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
How strong is y...
Friends help us de-stress; they make us smile and laugh, they pull us up when we are down, they help us make the right decisions, especially when we are facing challenges. Be ...Read More ➜
Your date of birth might state that you’re a Gemini but you’ve never felt hugely connected to the sign of the twins. Instead, you find yourself very much the homebody. You’re emoti...Read More ➜
On 5th December'2019 Mercury the lord of business, communication, intelligence and travel will enter in Scorpio sign and it will stay there till 25th December'2019. Mercury is a co...Read More ➜
Rahu Mantras An...
In Vedic astrology, Rahu and Ketu are two imaginary astronomical points in the sky, which have a distinct, profound and predictable impact on human lives. They are considered to be...Read More ➜