What are the Astrological Aspects this Makar Sankranti on 15 January 2019?
Makar Sankranti signifies the transit of Sun in Capricorn/Makar rashi and falls on 15 January this year. Punya Kaal would be observed from 07:14 AM to 12:36 PM of 15 January, 2019.
Capricorn sign is owned by Saturn and the arch enemity between Sun and Saturn is very well known. It is believed that on this day, Saturn gave up a prominent part of its enemity towards Sun (Sun being the Father) and respected the movement of his Father in his zodiac sign. In total, the Sun transits to twelve zodiacs in a year and spends one month in each zodiac sign, but this transit/Sankranti is treated as the most auspicious.
Astronomically speaking, Sun turns Uttarayana (Northerly movement) during this Sankranti and follows a positive course i.e. from south to north of the equator. According to Hindu tradition, the six months of Uttarayana (January to June) represent a single day of the Gods. Therefore, all kinds of worship, charity and donations are believed to be more rewarding in nature during this period.
The current Prayagraj Kumbh Mela will also initiate on this day. For those interested in praying and appeasing the Gods, as well as pacifying the nine planets, some of the following activities may be of interest.
- Taking a dip in the holy waters like Ganga, Yamuna, Kaveri, Narmada, Godavari is considered very auspicious as it is believed to deliver purification of mind and body.
- Seeking blessings from one’s parents by touching their feet is ever rewarding. One should also offer gifts to the parents. Sun represents Father in astrology so every effort to appease one’ Father would definitely strengthen the influence of Sun in the birth horoscope.
- Offering argha/jal to Surya and reciting Aditya Hridaya Stotra and/or Surayashtak is believed to pacify afflictions related to Sun in the birth horoscope. It also delivers good health and wards of enemies.
- Donating raw wheat, white sesame (safed til), rice and jaggery is considered very auspicious. Combination of wheat and white sesame pacifies Sun and Saturn together. This activity is very rewarding for individuals who are experiencing wrath from Shanidev.
- Donating Satnaja (Sabut Kala Urad dal, Sabut Hara Urad dal, Wheat, Kala Chana, Jau, Rice and Bajra) is very beneficial for those who are afflicted by multiple planets at the same point of time. This is also considered very helpful to get rid of problems in professional life.
- Reciting Dashrath krit Shani Stotra, Shani Chalisa, Maha Mrityunjaya mantra is also considered very rewarding.
- Likewise reciting Shri Vishnu Sahastranaam, Shri Vishnu Stotra, Shri Narayan Kavach is also considered very rewarding. Beyond other benefits, Shri Vishnu Sahastranaam is also known to ward off afflictions caused due to Mercury.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Handle your Rel...
Relationships cannot always be smooth-sailing. There are bound to be ups and downs. One cannot always be prepared for everything, but getting to know your personality traits, espec...Read More ➜
Dahi Handi 2019...
Also lovingly called the Govinda Festival or Gopalakala, Dahi Handi is a grand Hindu festival that is celebrated with great enthusiasm and fervor, especially by the young men in Ma...Read More ➜
According to Hindu Panchang, Bhadon or Bhadrapada is the sixth month of the year. This year, Bhadra begins from August 16, 2019 and ends on September 13. This month, which comes af...Read More ➜
Venus Transit t...
Venus was revered as a goddess by many ancient civilizations like the Romans and the Babylonians. The planet is often related to love and romance. In Vedic astrology also Venus is ...Read More ➜