Mahamrityunjaya Mantra - Power to Overcome All Odds
Om Trayambakam Yajamahe,
Urva Rukamiva Bandhanan,
Mrityor Mokshiye Maamritat
Shiva is the truth and he is Parameshwara (The Transcendent Lord). The followers of Shiva believe he is Swayambho (Self Created). It is believed that Lord Shiva is easy to please and often grants boons to his devotees. Whether it concerns money, finance, health or happiness, he will grant all your wishes and relieve you from your sufferings.
Now the question that arises is how to worship Shiva? In Satyug, idol worship was helpful but in Kalyug, just offering prayers in front of an idol won’t suffice. Even the Bhavishya Puranas have mentioned about the significance of chanting mantras for happiness and peace of mind. Similarly, chanting the mantra of Shiva – Mahamrityunjaya mantra daily will bestow you with good health, wealth, prosperity and long life. It generates positive vibes and protects against calamities.
Importance of Mahamrityunjaya mantra
- If you have Maas, gochara, dasha, antardasha, or any other kind of problem in your kundli, this mantra will help you get rid of it.
- If you are suffering from any diseases or ailments, this mantra will help. It also helps in prolonging life and if you recite this mantra with utmost sincerity and faith, it can prevent untimely death or postpone death for a certain period.
- Chanting of this mantra helps in situations of familial discord, division of property and also in the event of people dying due to an epidemic.
- If you are undergoing some financial troubles or suffering losses in business, chanting of this mantra will benefit you.
- This mantra has healing powers; it is believed that chanting of this mantra creates divine vibrations that heal and help remove the fear associated with death, thereby liberating you from the death and rebirth cycle. Hence, it is also called the moksha mantra.
Meaning of this mantra
Aum: It is a sacred syllable in Hindu religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism
Trayambakam: It means the three-eyed one (accusative case)
Yajamahe: We worship, honour, adore, revere
Sugandhim: Sweet smelling or fragrant (accusative case)
Pushti: Prosperous, thriving, fullness of life
Vardhanam: One, who strengthens, nourishes and causes to increase (in health, wealth, and well-being),
Urvarukamiva: Like the melon or cucumber (accusative case)
Bandhanan: From captivity i.e. from the stem of the cucumber (of the gourd)
Bandhanan: Stands for bound down. If read with urvarukamiva, it means ‘I am bound down just like a cucumber to a vine’.
Mrityor mokshiye: Liberate from death
Maamritat: Ma+amritat = Not+immortality, nectar
How to chant Mahamrityunjaya mantra
- According to Shastras, the best time is early morning (2-4), but if you are unable to do it during this time then after taking a bath and finishing the chores, you need to recite this mantra at least five times a mala.
- Use a rudraksh mala while chanting the mantra as it is considered auspicious.
- Rudraksh mala will help you keep a tab on the number of times you have recited the mantra. You need to remember that your count cannot be less than the previous day.
- At the time of jaap, you need to concentrate fully on the sound vibrations of the mantra and meditate on the mantra’s meaning. Don’t allow your mind to wander or external factors to distract you.
- It is ideal if there is Shiva’s idol, Shivling or Mahamrityunjaya yantra next to you while you are chanting the mantra.
- If you leave non vegetarian food and chant the mantra, you will see the results soon.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Sun Transit in ...
Sun transit into Sagittarius sign is going to occur on 16th December 2019. Jupiter is the lord of Sagittarius sign and a friendly planet for Sun. Jupiter, Saturn and Ketu were alre...Read More ➜
Venus Transit i...
Venus is going to enter Capricorn sign on 15th December 2019 and it will stay here till 9th January'2020. The Lord of Capricorn sign is Saturn and it is a friendly planet for Venus...Read More ➜
5 Cool Gadgets ...
Born between 22nd November and 21st December, Sagittarius possess a number of positive traits. Be it their high intellect, or their contagious optimism, or even their light-hearted...Read More ➜
Keeping A Sagit...
The ninth astrological sign, the Sagittarius, is the ‘Archer’, born between 23 November and 22 December. This ‘Fire sign’ has a strong ego, almost close to ‘stubbornness’, but a tr...Read More ➜