You may have heard of the dreaded Kaal Sarp Dosha. It isn’t something unusual as almost 70 per cent of people have it in their horoscope.Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister, and Sachin Tendulkar, the Indian cricket legend also had Kaal Sarp Dosha in their horoscopes but despite that, they both managed to achieve success in their respective fields and earned a lot of name and fame. You need not fear this dosha as there are certain remedies for reducing its malefic effects but before that, astroYogi will help you understand the meaning of thisdosha and its various types.
What is Kaal Sarp Dosha?
When all the planets come between Rahu and Ketu, Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed. Due to the presence of Rahu in one house of the kundli and presence of Ketu in the other, the positive effects of the other planets are unable to reach the native and he may have to suffer from fear, tensions, problems on the career front, delay in marriage and issues pertaining to wealth and finance.
Types of Kaal Sarp Dosha
According to Indian astrology, there are 12 types of Kaal Sarp Doshas. They are as follows:
- Anant- This type of Dosha takes place when Rahu is in the ascendant and Ketu is in the seventh house. Due to this dosha, the native may have to deal with problems which may hamper his mental peace. There may be problems in his/her married life as well.
- Kulika- When Rahu is the second house and Ketu is in the eighth, this dosha is formed. It has an adverse impact on one’s health and the native may also have to deal with financial problems.
- Vasuki- It is formed when Rahu is in the third house in a horoscope and Ketu is in the ninth house. This dosha may make the person timid and he wouldn’t be able to share a good relationship with his friends or brothers.
- Shank Pal- Rahu’s presence in the fourth house and Ketu’s in the tenth house, leads to the formation of this dosha. The native may have to face finance, name, fame and property related issues.
- Padam- It is formed when Rahu is in the fifth house and Ketu is in the eleventh house. The person who has this dosha in his kundli has to deal with marital and financial problems.
- Mahapadam- Rahu in the sixth house and Ketu in the twelfth, form Mahapadam Kaal Sarp Dosha. The native may face obstacles in travelling abroad and will face money related problems as a result of this dosha.
- Takshak- The presence of Rahu in the seventh house and Ketu in ascendant forms this dosha. It causes delay in marriage and other marital problems.
- Karkotak- This type of dosha is formed when Rahu is in the eight house and Ketu is in the second. It leads to problems on the financial front, the native may not be able to save much but the expenses may be high.
- Shankhnaad- Rahu in the ninth house and Ketu in the third house lead to the formation of this dosha. Native may suffer from bad luck and have to face a lot of hurdles in his path.
- Paatak- Rahu in the tenth house and Ketu in the fourth form this dosha. It creates obstacles in the native’s path.
- Vishakt- When Rahu is in the eleventh house and Ketu is in the fifth, Vishakt Kaal Sarp Dosha is formed. The native may have to face problems on the marital and education front as a result of this dosha.
- Sheshnag- This dosha is formed when Rahu is there in the twelfth house and Ketu is in the sixth. Due to this, the person would face some health and legal issues.
Remedies for Kaal Sarp Dosha:
- Offer water on the Shivling daily
- Perform Rudrabhishek of Lord Shiva
- Observe Nag Panchami fast
- Keep peacock feather at home
- Worship Kul Devta
- Chant Mahamrityunjaya mantra daily
- Recite Hanuman Chalisa 108 times daily
- On Tuesdays and Saturdays, perform Sunderkand Path
- Wearing a Kaal Sarp pendant can help reduce the ill-effects of this dosha