Reiki, an ancient Eastern method of healing uses energy to balance the body and mind, and its benefits can be felt by both Reiki practitioners and their clients. In fact, Reiki is believed to improve just about any aspect of life, from physical health to emotional well-being to stress reduction and mental clarity. Reiki techniques are used to heal the body, mind and the spirit. It has been proven that Reiki can help people suffering from various major and minor ailments. It is often used as a complementary and conventional therapy in a number of hospitals today. It complements and enhances the health care the patient receives in the hospital or from other health care providers. Reiki has not only helped patients with physical ailments but also helped those with minor psychological problems as well.
One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body's natural healing abilities, and improves and maintains health. Reiki helps bring about inner peace and harmony; it can be a valuable tool in the quest for spiritual growth. Reiki can also strengthen and heal personal relationships. Reiki can heal mental and emotional wounds, work through dysfunction and create a new found closeness and intimacy. Because it enhances your capability to love, it can help you open up to the people around you and let your relationships grow. You develop deep personal connections, improve your capacity for empathy, you are willing to connect with people on a deeper level.
Reiki quick facts:
- It is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui
- Traditional Japanese Reiki and Western Reiki are the two known branches of Reiki Western Reiki treatment follows a common fixed set of 12 hand positions to energise:
- On a physical level through the warmth of the hands
- By using the Reiki symbols to energize on a mental level
- On an emotional level through the love that flows with the use of the symbols
- On the energetic level through the presence of an adept practitioner or through the presence of the power of Reiki itself
Reiki can be felt on several levels from physical healing to inner peace to improved relationships. Reiki can be an effective way to treat immediate problems, such as physical or mental illness, but regular treatments can also improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, Reiki can not only treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from ever developing.