2012 is a special year as it belongs to the Chinese sign of Dragon. The Dragon is the only animal in the Chinese zodiac which is not real and is based on legends. Many powerful forces will be at play when 2012 approaches. It’s the year of the Water Dragon and water is considered to be one of nature’s strongest forces. The Dragon breathes out fire and the same way those born under this sign are known to have a sharp and biting tongue that can hurt others easily.
You belong to the Dragon sign if you were born within these mentioned dates:
- 16 February 1904 – 3 February 1905: Wood Dragon
- 3 February 1916 – 22 January 1917: Fire Dragon
- 23 January 1928 – 9 February 1929: Earth Dragon
- 8 February 1940 – 26 January 1941: Metal Dragon
- 27 January 1952 – 13 February 1953: Water Dragon
- 13 February 1964 – 1 February 1965: Wood Dragon
- 31 January 1976 – 17 February 1977: Fire Dragon
- 17 February 1988 – 5 February 1989: Earth Dragon
- 1 January 2000 – 23 January 2001: Metal Dragon
- 23 January 2012 – 9 February 2013: Water Dragon
- 10 February 2024 – 28 January 2025: Wood Dragon
In Chinese astrology the Dragon person born in this Chinese Zodiac year has a sharp tongue – they will say things that can be quite sarcastic and biting. You tend to overlook other people’s emotions and go about saying and doing things as you please. Keeping your temper in check will be very important once 2012 starts. People will not appreciate your great work if you don’t maintain a good relationship with others. What you say and how you say it can have a great impact on your overall wellbeing.
Dragon is believed to be a divine beast in eastern philosophy unlike the western one where it was seen to be evil and slaying was necessary. The oriental Dragon is believed to be a symbol of good fortune and a supreme authority. The Dragon is a beautiful creature; it is flamboyant and hardly follows rules. Respect is bestowed upon those who are born under the special sign of the Dragon.
Characteristics which best describe the Dragon are enterprising, brave, tactless, self-assured and innovative. You are not the most domestic of signs and the Dragon would rather be out than at home. You do well as an Architect, Engineer, Lawyer, Broker, Computer Analyst, Advertising Agent or Inventor. You have a preference for the colours blue and green. In 2012, the Dragon emerges as the supreme power and if you are one of those who were born in a Dragon year, you must make extra efforts to turn your luck around.